We have several core missions...
- Conduct novel public policy research on undercovered issues in health.
- Educate a new generation of civic leaders in science.
- Educate a new generation of scientists in political activism.
- Provide a platform for new voices in healthcare policy research.
...informed by several core beliefs.
- The heart of American prosperity starts with good health.
- There are substantial issues and unrealized opportunities present in our modern healthcare system.
- There are already solutions to many of these healthcare problems, but an information gap between the public, policymakers, and scientists have slowed down reform.
- It is possible to merge interdisciplinary scientific fields, civic awareness, and communication skills to make a more effective class of scholars.
These principles guide our mission of producing a community of interdisciplinary and civically-empowered thinkers, who can look at socially-relevant issues, disseminate effective policy solutions, and work closely with a more informed public to enact change.